Watermelon Park Fest Festival Campground Rules updated for 2020.
Thank you for choosing to be a guest at Watermelon Park Campground; we are a family oriented environment. Your armband must be worn and visible at all times and shown to staff upon entering and leaving the park. Visibly wearing your armband makes it easy for reentry. Primitive campsites are first come first serve.
With respect for the beautiful Shenandoah River the following rules must be followed:
1. DO NOT DESTROY HABITAT OR WILDLIFE. Destruction of property is a crime. Virginia fishing license is needed in park and on the river. Fishing throw type nets are not permitted in the camp ground.
2. DO NOT LEAVE ANY WASTE, food, paper, or scraps of any kind on the ground or in the river. This includes cans, glass bottles and bottle caps. We provide trash bags. All trash bags must be taken to the dumpster and do not overfill the bags.
3. NO GLASS BOTTLES of any kind are permitted into the park. If you are seen with glass in the river or on the campground you will be asked to leave immediately.
4. NO AMPLIFIED OR BASS MUSIC IS ALLOWED. Any canned music being played must be kept low enough to not be heard in adjacent campsite.
5. NO DOGS Will be Permitted into Watermelon Park Primitive Tent sites. RV sites only!
6. CAMPGROUND SPEED LIMIT is 10 mph or LESS. Go slow. No speeding or reckless driving.
VEHICLE TRAFFIC must be limited in the park. No mini bikes, scooters, electric or gas driven cycles or carts of any type are allowed. Any one driving in the park is required to have a valid driver’s license. Golf carts can be approved by the park manager. All handicap transportation type vehicles are allowed.
7. NO OTHER MOTOR VEHICLES ARE ALLOWED in the park… this includes driving carts, scooters, off road 4 wheelers, mopeds, golf carts and dirt bikes. Staff vehicles excluded.
8. NO PORTABLE OR PRIVATE TOILETS ALLOWED. Bathrooms and portable toilets are provided and should be respected and maintained clean and neat. Do not put trash, cans, bottles, diapers, or debris in them.
9. QUIET TIME STARTS AT MIDNIGHT. No loud noises are allowed. Music devices must be turned off, please respect neighboring campers.
10. NO PROFANITY or loud, inappropriate, rude, angry, aggressive behavior. You will be asked to leave the park if you or your party cannot control themselves.
11. NO NEW CAMPFIRES can be built in the grass. Campfire sites are designated by a rock-lined fireplace that has already been made and used. Metal fire pits and grills are permitted as long as you do not burn the area being used.
12. Generators must be shut off from 12AM – 8AM. All generators need to be at least 10 ft away from any tents.
13. NO FIREARMS or BB guns, air rifles or harmful projectile launched weapons are allowed in park. Law enforcement and license conceal carry must declare at the front gate to security and manager.
14. We discourage the display of any controversial symbols that might be found offensive to the general public. Please only use Watermelon themed flags.
15. By State Ordinance: No carry-in firewood will be allowed. Clean, local, store purchased wood is allowed. We usually have firewood available at the camp store.
16. You must be at least 18 years old to enter Watermelon Park Campground, unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or another responsible adult.
17. NO UNDERAGE possession of alcohol is permitted.
Please respect all staff, the Park, and the Shenandoah River!